Wednesday, 1 August 2012

EMDR and Psychotherapy

I went back to see Mark. I haven't seen him since August 8th of 2011. So it was almost a year to the date - very weird.

It was weird to see him again. I felt like a failure, and also felt a little skeptical on if he could help me, after all I saw him before - everyone said it did help me.

He suggested I try EMDR, eye movement desensitization something. I've done some reading on it, and like tapping, its a little out there - but I'm fine with out there. After all, I am a little weird.

Things are going better. I'm trying to stop myself from getting into a suicidal mood. And sometimes its hard. I tried to cut yesterday, for example, and couldn't even do that properly so I got even more upset. It seems all I do is extremes.

Exercise and what not is still happening. I've been pretty good at keeping it up and I'm proud of myself. I'm also doing some art at work (I only wish I could create on paper what is in my head), and meditating - and that seems to be helping to relax me.

No comments:

Post a Comment