Thursday, 17 January 2013

Reading

I've found something I really like to do! Reading! I forgot how much I love getting lost in a book. It's a way to escape. Between that and running I'm feeling pretty good lately. I just need to find time to read, and some good books. This is why I think I would love a kindle. I love the tactile stimulation that is turning pages, but with a kindle you can just download books without having to search for them, and buy them or go to the library to get them. As it stands I am trying to get my hands on Mockingjay - the third and final book in The Hunger Games series. I loved the second book, and adored the first movie.

Running goes decently, I took some time off because I got sick but was back at it yesterday. I am now at running 25minutes with a pace of 12 minutes 48 seconds per kilometer. I'm pleased. My goal is to once again run 5Km in 30 minutes. I know I am still far away from that as I can probably run 3.5 in 30 minutes - but it's a definite start. I'm proud that I have stuck with it and have found my enjoyment with it. Now if only the dog would co-operate nicely with my running.

I still need my caffeine pills to function. I didn't take them yesterday and was dead. I was literally falling asleep at work and could hardly concentrate. I hate what my meds do to me. I can't believe how exhausted I get and how quickly.

Good things...I like good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment